2013年10月17日 星期四

What do you believe in?-Memento (2000)(記憶拼圖)

Have you forgotten something you just wanna to do?
What if it always happened in your daily life?





"Awake. Where am I?"

This was the first and the only thing that appeared into Leonard's(Guy Pearce) mind when he woke up.  He could't remember things happened about one minute ago after he was hurt by a villain who raped his wife.
Since he can't remember any clue of the person of interest(嫌犯) ,he tattoo vital information on his body.
On the other hand, he can't tell people beside was enemy or friend, therefore, he used Polaroid(拍立得) to memorize those people. With his observation and "memo", Leonard was quite confident about what to do.

However, no matter what he did, these things was just scratching the surface of truth. As Nolan revealed what happened before and after, it direct to a astonishing but fainted truth......



About film itself
Many people in this team had got well-known by Memento's great success including Wally Pfister(Cinematographer) and Christopher Nolan.This movie let them rush into Hollywood.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The award that memento got (Oscar is on the top) CLICK HERE 
IMDb Rank: No. 36 movie all the time.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cast and box office of Memento from IMDb

This movie was separated into two parts, one is forward,the other is backward. It could let us think like Leonard and followed him to observe every person in his life. Two parts of film were cut into pieces and rebuilt. In the very beginning of backward part, you will confused like Leonard, but later you would find the link between the last piece of movie you saw (later on the timeline).


Here is the timeline of  Memento on WIKI

Other characters in the movie was also puzzled, we can see different face when they meet Leonard in different time. However, some people Leonard could find or memo what they have done, some couldn't.
Do you feel familiar about that?

Anterograde amnesia(順行性失憶症)
This movie was considered to be a great represent of Anterograde amnesia by many medical experts. 

It's the disability of creating new memory. It usually happened when the patient happened something terrible or drinking too much alcohol. 

Caltech neuroscientist(神經科學家) Christof Koch called Memento "the most accurate portrayal of the different memory systems in the popular media"(wiki)

see Anterograde amnesia in Chinese on WIKI CLICK HERE

Trailor:
So, why were we interested about it ?
After you watch the movie, maybe you will agree with me that EVERYONE was just like Leonard.
We decided the view of the world , according to our fainted , inaccurate memory and self-confident judgement.

We believe in what we want to believe.

"Awake"......What do you believe in ?



10 則留言:

  1. The movie is so cool ! We can find the answer by looking backward and going forward ! After I finish my exam , I want to watch it !! Every movie have its own meaning , and it makes people to think for deeper things ! Maybe that's why movie exists , and why we follow it !

    回覆刪除
  2. Wow I am REALLY surprised at your blog!
    I am a big fan of Nolan’s movie!!!!
    Inception is now my favorite one among all of movies I have watched! (Sorry I didn’t leave a reply on your first post.) I have even bought Inception’s DVD and soundtrack!
    After watching Inception, I watched his other works except for Memento and following. I don’t know why I can’t find Memento in video rental stores.
    I am so glad to read your blog, looking forward to the next post!

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Every time when Nolan missed Oscar, I will feel really sad. GIVE HIM THE HONOR HE DESERVE!!
      Inception is my favorite movie too!
      And The dark knight trilogy is my favorite trilogy movie.


      Memento was not popular in Taiwan I guess XDD. Seems that there are not so many Nolan's fans in here.
      Thanks for your encouragement!

      刪除
  3. I believe in that memory doesn't equal to fact.
    What we call "memory" is a mixture of events and imagination.
    Thanks to your blog, I will enjoy this movie after my mid-term exam:)

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. I suggest you to find this movie through internet since this movie are not easy to find.
      Hope you like it=V=

      刪除
  4. This movie is so fantasy!
    I think I can go borrowing DVD and watching at home! :)

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. It's great if you could find it XDDDDD

      Hope you enjoy it!

      刪除
  5. Nolan's movies are great!!!!!!!
    Momento and Inception are awesome.

    回覆刪除